Mix 2.21 for DOS.
In 1992, the MS DOS program called Mix 221 for RTTY was written by Nick, UT2UZ. This program was written in Turbo Pascal and used a HAMCOMM-style simple external modem. It works even on PC XT machine!
Download Mix version 2.21.
MixW version 1.45.
In 1998, Nick wrote a program for Windows and called it MixWin. Several versions were published, the last one was MixW 1.45. MixW 1.45 was a multimode program, which supported 5 modes: SSB, PSK31,
RTTY, PACKET, and CW, using the a PC oundcard. In this version he also added added the CAT System, World Map, macros, log etc.
Download MixW version 1.45.
DigiPan version 1.6.
Improving MixW 1.45, in 2002 Nick and Denis developed the panoramic spectral display which was incorporated in the program called DigiPan under the ideological support of Howard (KH6TY).
See the DigiPan site at http://www.digipan.net/.
Download DigiPan version 1.6.
MixW version 2.xx.
Download MixW version 2.xx.
- the window layout was completely changed;
- a lot of new modes;
- improved contest support.
- flexible macros and much more...
.:: MixW 2.xx update history ::.|
- Language extensions, see lang.ini as an example: [MASK] and [DXCC] sections define rules of changing the name of a macro depending on a current callsign. For instance, <LANG_HELLO> will run <RUS_HELLO> for R* and U* callsigns, <DEU_HELLO> for German callsigns, and so on. If there is no rule, just <HELLO> is executed.
- External mode plugin support (with Olivia as an example: ModeOlivia.dll is available as a separate downloadable file).
- RigExpert Plus interface is automatically set up (if detected). See http://mixw.net/RigExpertPlus/ for details about RigExpert Plus.
- FSK port and WinKey port settings are now accessible through the Configure menu.
- Extended WinKey setup, see the WinKey.ini file.
- Command-line parameters:
NODDE - disable DDE function. DDE: xxx - set DDE server name to "xxx".
NOOLE - disable OLE function.
NONIC - disable TCP/IP over AX.25 NOREP - disable RigExpert Plus automatic detection.
MENU1 - use alternative menu.
- Multimedia keyboard support. For instance, create the following macro:
Label: Does not matter.
Then, pressing the Next Track button will increase the transceiver frequency by 0.1 kHz. Macro names which correspond to multimedia keys pressed appear in the status bar when MixW is running.
- A separate program to check sound card sample rate is added. See "Check sound card sample rate" in Start - Programs - MixW menu.
- New install/uninstall system.
- Several minor bugs fixed.
- DTMF generation macro for SSB/FM/AM modes: <DTMF:xxxxx> where xxxxx is what to send.
- <SENDSPOT> macro. It works only when Dxcuster Dialog is opened.
- New MixW215s.exe update (a separate download) has two spectrum windows and allows receiving in both of them. Best viewed with FT1000mp :-).
- User defined scrambling is supported for VFH PACKET.
- FT980 support is added.
- Telnet window script command set is extended by a few commands:
- Extended contest support.
- CAT support for JRC, FT857, IC7800, IC756PRO3.
- MP3 format support (you must have lame_enc.dll in the MixW folder). Use <STARTRECORD:filename.mp3> to start record in the MP3 format (extension must be "mp3").
- ProSisTel rotor support.
- WinKey basic support.
- Added e-mail field to the Cabrillo output.
OmniRig support added.
- Log bar font and vertical size can be changed.
- Telnet window improvements. Try one of scripts to connect the DX cluster. DX Spot Send feature uses telnet window automatically.
- Macro <[> and <]> allow transmitting "<" and ">".
- Receiving sensitivity is improved for some modes.
- Controller CBOX 2003 for Pro.Sis.Tel rotators is supported.
- "Macros for this contest" item is added in the menu Configure. It is active ONLY in contest mode.
- Frequencies listed in KnownFqs.dat will be shown at the spectrum bar with grey marks, see KnownFqs.dat for the format and add your own if needed.
- "Search and pounce" (SP) and "Run" modes of operation are added. Run mode assumes CQ operation. "Run" is displayed at the caption in Run mode. Three macros are added to switch between Run and SO. We can switch between RUN and SEARCH-AND-POUNCE (SP) modes by:
<SP1> (SP on);
<SP0> (SP off = RUN).
<SP> (switch between SP and RUN).
- New Macros:
<MILES> is similar to <DIST> but prints miles instead of km;
<TAB> does the same as pressing TAB key;
<TUNE:nn> macro allows limit the transmission to nn seconds;
<ACALL> macro is similar to <CALL>, but allows call changing on the fly;
<TXE> is similar to <TX> but waits for carrier loss (end or transmission);
<OnGrabCall> will be called (if defined) when two same calls will be received;
<OnGrabNumber> will be called if serial when number is grabbed into the log;
<STARTRECORD:filename.mp3> will start record a MPEG3 file instead of usual PCM WAVE. The presence of lame_enc.dll is required in the MixW folder (separate download);
<CURSOR:N> moves the cursor to the field number N (not column):
N=5 : Call;
N=9 : Nr Recv.
Known bug: It does not work if the macro button is pressed with mouse, use keyboard instead:
<CURSOR:TX> moves the cursor to the TX window;
<OnCR> macro tells MixW what to do if CR will be pressed while focus is in the log. It calls <INT> macro by default in contest mode (see below);
<INT> macro or <INTELIGENT> does a specific job. It's output depends of the content of CALL and RX EXCHANGE fields.
- Call Rx exchange Output according macro to edit if needed -empty ? INTQRL.
- NEWCALL -empty de UT2UZ INTDE.
- WKDCALL -empty (nothing).
- NEWCALL exchange QSL UR 599 001 INTQSL (and saves the QSO).
- Call Rx exchange Output according macro to edit if needed:
- -empty -empty CQ TEST DE UT2UZ INTCQ.
- NEWCALL -empty CALL GA 599 001 INTGA.
- WKDCALL -empty CALL QSO b4 QRZ INTQB4.
- NEWCALL exchange QSL 73 QRZ de UT2UZ INTQRZ (and saves the QSO).
See default macro definnitions and change them if needed. Of course, <INT> macro can be used not only inside OnCR.
MixW 2.13 - not release.
- PSK31, QPSK31, FSK31:
MMVari codetable is supported (G3PLX table is extended to Japanese alphabet by Makoto Mori, JH3HHT).
- Spectrum View:
Dynamic range switch is added (80, 60, 40 or 20 db for the visible range of spectrum/waterfall).
- Spectrum View:
FFT window selection is added in the Soundcard settings (Square, triangle, cosine, Hamming, Nuttall). Square window has the best frequency resolution, Nuttall has the best sidelobe suppression and is the best for the IMD measurements. Cosine window is the default and seems to be a reasonable compromise for usual daily operations.
- RX window:
Tooltip shows the distance and the azimuth to the pointed WW GRID locator.
Bandpass filter is improved, seems to work better for close signals.
- RigExpert support:
Input/Output level dialog is added.
IC-703 is added to the supported TRCVR table KENWOOD TS50 lockup at start bug fixed.
- - New Macros:
<MYWWLOC>, <WWLOC> - local and remote WW GRID locator.
- Macro <NAME> returns "my friend" instead of "OM" when the name field is empty. You may change the value by editing the macro <OM>. Just erase "my friend" in the text box of Edit Macro dialog if you want nothing to be transmitted in that case.
Remote operation via LAN is supported for RigExpert device. Soundcard settings dialog is rearranged in order to support remote operations settings. For MixW RigExpert users: MixW 2.12 offers an unique feature of connecting a PC with TEOAN program and MixW RigExpert connected to a transceiver into a local area network. Then, running MixW 2.12 on another computer on a network (or via high-speed internet connection) makes possible operating digital modes using that transceiver. In the TEOAN program, set the virtual COM port number for MixW RigExpert and a TCP port number (the default value is OK in most cases). In MixW2, choose "The Eye of a Needle" as an audio device. Enter an IP address or a name of the computer with TEOAN running, and the same TCP port value. Note: the sound stream is not compressed, so no loss of quality is expected but on the other hand the data rate is high, up to 0.4 MBit/sec (RX or TX) or 0.8 MBit/sec for TX in fullduplex mode. Usual 10MBit LAN is good enough for this application, but slow modem connections will not be able to handle such big stream of data.
"@" (AC) symbol is added to the CW table.
- Esc behaviour has been changed. It stops the macro and cleans the TX buffer but does not turn off the TX. Press Esc twice to abort the transmiision. If you do not like new behavior then find "OldEsc=0" in the MixW2.ini file and replace "0" with "1".
- Fast INI file reading. Slow built-in system INI file reading and writing procedures are replaced with optimized ones.
- HTML help support is added. If you prefer old MixW2.HLP file then just remove the file MHH.dll from MixW2 folder (or rename it).
- Band edges are marked with "stop" icon on the frequency scale.
- 64 kb INI file limit removed (actual for long friends.ini).
- MFSK transmission begins with single tone for easier tuning.
- Scanner dialog:
Start button continues scanning instead of restarting.
Right click on the list move the TRCVR to the pointed frequency.
- RX window: local menu (by mouse right click) allows selecting calls with spaces inside, like E A 5 B C.
- IC756(pro/pro2): split command bug fixed (IC756 has one command different from other models).
- LOG bar: uppercase characters are entered in the CALL field.
- CW settings dialog is changed to support QSK mode.
- RigExpert support is improved.
- ZelPro rotor support is added.
- Several CW tables added, see *.cwt files.
- Some more TRCVRs added to the list of supported CATs.
- We can force country for each QSO to fix problem with several possible DXCC entries for the same callsign.
- New macros:
<DIST>: Distance in km.
- PSK63 is supported for the Export operation.
- CAT for FT1000MP is imporved.
- A couple of minor bugs fixed (in CW RX module and CAT system).
- Collection of icons by K6MKF is added.
- Notch filter is added, accessible via Spectrum window local menu (right click on the waterfall). Be sure, this feature requires faster CPU.
- One more AX25 modem (4800 baud) is added.
- Alternate LPT interface has been added.
- Icons will be drawn in the RX window after some known words. See Icons.cfg.
- PSK63 mode support via <BAUDRATE:62.5> macro. Note: PSK63 mode is shown as BPSK63 everywhere.
- <CURSOR:n> macro places the input focus to the specified column number of the log bar, useful for contests. Example:
<TX><CALL> de <MYCALL> <GA> ur <RSTS><NRS><RX><CURSOR:9>
- SSTV Drag'nDrop.
- Q15AX25 support. Note: Q15X25dll.dll is not included to the distribution due to licesing limitetion. Download and install the dll separately.
- Resizing history bitmaps.
- MT63 manual tuning & secondary chanals.
- MACRO <MARKERS:xx,yy,zz,ww>.
- Telnet echo on/off togle.
- Set markers macro <MARKERS:1000,1020> (up to five frequencies).
- Transmitting pictures in MFSK16 mode.
- International characters transmission support, including Japanese. hieroglyphs. See menu Mode - Character encoding, UTF8, JIS etc.
- QslPrint executable allows printing a amount of QSLs and Labels.
- Cabrillo support for BARTG Sprint and BARTG Spring (AKA BARTG-RTTY).
- Macro <IMD>, works if IMD is fixed on the statusbar.
- Control bar (Macro bar):
Resizing horizontally and vertically.
Background color can be changed for each button.
See the little square button after "Label" in Edit macro dialog.
- DxCluster dialog rearranged, "Back" button is added, it jumps to the previous frequency (if any).
- Ten-Tec Jupiter support (requires new "Enhanced PC Control" firmware).
- Added ability to use macros in packet beacon text. Example: Beacon de UU9JDR, local time=<LOCALTIME:%H:%M:%S>
- YAPP file transfer support for PACKET mode. Crash recovery is supported. See File - Yapp menu:
"Auto receive" turns on the feature when MixW automatically opens YAPP Receive window when remote station starts sending a file.
"Crash recovery" turns on YAPP protocol extension to be able to resume partially received files.
- LPT port support for paddle input and PTT/CW output (TRLog-compatible). See Configure - LPT port settings. Go to CW settings dialog to turn on the LPT paddle.
- Telnet window is implemented to access DxClusters via telnet See View - Telnet window menu. See "EA7URC_DXC.scr" file as an example how to automatically login to a node. To automatically run this script when Telnet window opens, define OnOpenTelnetWindow macro as follows:
Label: - doesn't matter -.
- PACTOR-1 LP (long path) mode is added, RX only.
- DxCluster dialog:
WWV page can be called.
Modified Settings dialog.
Font selection is added.
Column widths are remembered.
- Optional "Check QSL" flag is added to the DxCluster dialog (see system menu in that dialog).
- Memory dialog is added to watch Ctrl+1..10, Sh+Ctrl+1..10 channels. See Options menu.
- SSTV FSKID is added, compatible with MMSSTV, turned on by default, recommended, can be turned off in SSTV mode settings.
- Search result dialog:
Column widths are remembered.
Font selection is added (see menu under butterfly).
Esc returns to the previous dialog.
Set QSL Rcvd, Set QSL Sent added to the local menu. That allows input multiple QSLs at a time.
- Log bar:
Resize: doubleclick on the edge of the Log Bar, resize, doubleclick again.
QSO column shows QSO number.
- New macros:
OnOpenTelnetWindow, OnCloseTelnetWindow, use these macros to run specified commands when TNC or Telnet window opens or closes.
<CLOSERXWINDOWS> closes all opened secondary RX windows.
<YAPPRECV>, <YAPPSEND>, <YAPPSEND:filename> - YAPP support.
<MYMAINCALL> returns callsign stripped from "/P"."/QRP" etc.
SSTV specific macros:
<LOCKMODE>, <UNLOCKMODE> - lock/unlock current SSTV mode.
<PUTRXPICT:x0:y0:x1:y1> - put received picture into the specified rect.
<PLACETEXT:x:y>, <PLACETEXT:x:y:text> - place text to specified x,y.
<TEXTSTYLE:n> - set current text style.
<TNCSCRIPT:filename>, <TELNETSCRIPT:filename> - run script file in 2nd TNC or Telnet window.
- IC746pro is added to the list of directly supported TRCVRs.
- RTTY: ASCII7 and ASCII8 modes are added, high speed limit is now 1800 baud for two filters demodulator and more than 2400 for single filter.
- SSTV: MP115 mode is added.
- SSTV: New text styles are added: outline with and without fill, gradient fill, diagonal cross fill. Use Shift+Font Color and Ctrl+Font Color (Red "A") to change outline and second gradient color accordingly.
- Advanced Waterfall option is added (see menu View > Spectrum). It moves waterfall along with frequency. CAT must be installed to use this feature.
- Spectrum/Waterfall speed may be increased up to x16. This will not work on slow computers. Reducing the RX buffer size to 128 is recommended (m_iBufRxSize=128 in MixW2.ini).
KISS TNC emulation. This allows usage MixW2 packet module with other packet software. Tested with UI-View.
UI frames are sent in "NOT CONNECTED" state. Beacon address is used.
- New macros:
<NEWRXWINDOW:audiofq> create New Rx Window on the specified audio frequency <NEWRXWINDOW:audiofq:mode> same as above with specified mode <CWID:text> set "text" as CW ID. Useful in <OnStartMode>. <CWID:DEFAULT> set default CWID (as described in personal data dialog).
- Added some icons to the DxcDialog dialog.